01 Mar Botanist – ONSITE – Asheville, NC.
Start Date: June 12, 2023 – February 12, 2024
Compensation: $650 per week + $1000 monthly for housing
Medical Insurance Included
Application Due: April 15, 2023
The Resource Assistants Program seeks to engage ethnically and racially diverse young professionals in natural resource careers. You must be:
- a U.S. citizen or legal resident.
- fully vaccinated for covid-19 prior to the start of their internship.
- a college graduate.
- personal vehicle required.
Please Apply Here
- Support the 3 forest botanists across the 4 forest units;
- Field review and update information on rare plant and rare plant community occurrences, enter data in corporate databases if appropriate.;
- Recommend restoration needs for are plant or rare plant community occurrences.;
- Help to prioritize non-native invasive plant project work across the 4 national forest units.;
- Help to update rare plant lists for National Forests in NC.
- Experience or knowledge in identification or process of identification of vascular and nonvascular plants and conservation of rare species.
- Knowledge, familiarity, or ability to learn Southern Appalachian and/or Atlantic Coastal Plain native flora, non-native invasive pla- GIS skills
- Ability to create, manipulate and manage spatial information and to create maps, programming skills, database skills, and proficiency with Esri software (ArcPro, ArcGIS Online, QGIS or other spatial mapping platforms).
- Clear and efficient written and verbal communication skills as well as strong interpersonal skills, Detail oriented, highly organized, self-starter that can communicate with a wide audience of internal and external stakeholders, and plant communities.
- Physically fit, able to hike long distances, traverse steep terrain and/or work during inclement weather.
Direct Hire Authority (DHA)
All RAP interns receive Direct Hire Authority (DHA) at the successful conclusion of their internship. DHA status enables an agency to hire, after public notice is given, any qualified applicant. A DHA expedites hiring by eliminating competitive rating and ranking, veterans’ preference, and “rule of three” procedures. For more information, please click HERE.
Environment for the Americas provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.