31 Aug Carbon Partnership Resource Assistant – REMOTE – Washington, DC
Start/End Dates: February 5, 2024 – September 30, 2024
Compensation: $650 per week + $1000 monthly for housing
Medical Insurance provided on request
Application Due: October 31, 2023
This position is a remote, work from home opportunity.
The Resource Assistants Program seeks to engage ethnically and racially diverse young professionals in natural resource careers.
You must be:
- a U.S. citizen or legal resident.
- a college graduate.
As a Carbon Partnership Program Support Specialist, you will hold a pivotal role in driving the mission of the Carbon Partnership Program (CPP). Your responsibilities will include a blend of project management, communication, research, and administrative tasks, all geared toward advancing carbon-partnership projects and amplifying awareness of CPP’s impactful initiatives. This role will require collaboration with internal and external partners.
Some activities may include developing one-page informational documents, managing a SharePoint site and public website, working with the Office of Communications to develop newsworthy pieces, and looking for opportunities to raise awareness of CPP.
- Support CPP demonstration phase: Support CPP’s demonstration phase, which will culminate in the launch of 5-8 carbon partnership projects.
- Participate in project development meetings with external and internal partners; support the identification of themes or lessons learned across projects; and participate in CPP weekly core team calls to discuss strategy. Support functions will include project management, communications, research, and administrative tasks
- Program Tracking: Manage the internal project tracking dashboard by communicating with project leaders; help analyze and communicate quantitative and qualitative project statistics to the CPP team and beyond.
- Support Broader Office efforts: Participate in and support larger office efforts. Activities may include supporting annual training for Forest Service staff, assisting with program communications, and more.
Major studies relevant to this position are social sciences, especially economics; sustainability; environmental science; environmental management/natural resource management; finance/businesses; public administration. We also seek someone with:
- Experience communicating technical information (e.g., scientific or financial concepts) to a broad audience.
- Experience managing multiple workstreams simultaneously.
- Interest in (and preferably familiarity with) public-private partnerships, carbon stewardship principles, and carbon markets.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills, creative thinker, and team player.
- Intellectual curiosity and interest, willingness, and confidence to jump into complex content.
Additional skills that would be helpful include experience with:
- network-building or relationship building
- data management
- GIS mapping/analysis, graphic design, or other communication visualization
Direct Hire Authority (DHA)
All RAP interns receive Direct Hire Authority (DHA) at the successful conclusion of their internship. DHA status enables an agency to hire, after public notice is given, any qualified applicant. A DHA expedites hiring by eliminating competitive rating and ranking, veterans’ preference, and “rule of three” procedures. For more information, please click HERE.
Environment for the Americas provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.