08 Sep Interpretation, Outreach, and Digital Communication Intern – Latino Heritage Internship Program
The intern will be an integral part of the Division of Interpretation during the busy summer season, providing park orientation, presenting interpretive programs, and furthering outreach to under-resourced communities. These will all be mitigated through COVID-19 safety precautions.
There will be two crucial parts to the intern’s work. One will be to promote diversity, relevancy, and inclusion through outreach and community engagement, especially in partnership with the Point Reyes National Seashore Association for Latino Conservation Week events. The second will be to promote interpretation and resource education through digital communication, helping create Section 508-compliant content for social media and the park website. 508 compliance means the park's social media will be accessible to all. And, in turn, Point Reyes is a more inclusive place for visitors to have the opportunity to forge connections with park resources.
- The intern will help promote Point Reyes National Seashore and the National Park Service by partnering with Point Reyes National Seashore Association to create Latino Conservation Week events for mid-July.
- The intern will help create Section 508-compliant digital communication for the park’s social media accounts and park website. 508 compliance means the park's social media will be accessible to all. And, in turn, Point Reyes is a more inclusive place for visitors to have the opportunity to forge connections with park resources.
- With Environment for the Americas as a partner, the intern will help brainstorm and host a World Migratory Bird Day event at the park.
- The intern will gain valuable experience in informal and formal interpretation by working at the Bear Valley visitor center providing park orientation, conducting roves, and delivering park programs. COVID-19 safety operations will inform these activities.
- The intern will support interpretation and resource education by actively roving trails and beaches in the park, contacting the public, and providing informal education. Again, COVID-19 safety precautions will inform these activities.
- The intern will partner with other park interns to achieve Division of Interpretation goals.