02 Mar Latino Engagement Coordinator
US Fish & Wildlife Service
Requirements to Apply
- Must have a valid Driver’s License
- Must be between the ages of 18-30 years or up to 35 years if a Veteran
- Be a US Citizen or legal resident
- Be fully vaccinated for COVID-19
• Timeframe: October 2022 – May 2023 (with potential to extend)
• Stipend: $600/week
• Work schedule to be worked out with the intern but will be 40 hours/week from Tuesday – Saturday.
The intern follows the same holiday and office closure calendar as staff.
• Free housing is available at William L. Finley National Wildlife Refuge (and Baskett Slough Refuge, if
• Intern would be a member of the Visitor Services staff and supervised by Visitor Services Manager,
Support and promote a Latino Engagement Program to build stronger relationships with the communities surrounding the Willamette Valley Refuges – weaving the Refuges into the local Latino culture as a resource, destination and asset.
We are seeking applicants that possess strong communication skills, a flexible and positive nature, willingness to learn and a passion for conservation and education. In addition:
• Latinx individual that is bilingual (Spanish/English both verbally and written). A native Spanish-speaker a plus;
• Must possess a valid driver’s license and personal vehicle;
• Takes initiative, is hardworking and self-motivated;
• General computing skills. Experience with video editing and design software a plus;
• Desire to conduct education and outreach.
To apply for this job please visit environmentamericas.org.