01 Mar NEPA Writer – ONSITE – National Forests in North Carolina
Start Date: June 12, 2023 – February 12, 2024
Compensation: $650 per week + $1000 monthly for housing
Medical Insurance Included
Application Due: April 15, 2023
The Resource Assistants Program seeks to engage ethnically and racially diverse young professionals in natural resource careers. You must be:
- a U.S. citizen or legal resident.
- fully vaccinated for covid-19 prior to the start of their internship.
- a college graduate.
- personal vehicle required.
Please Apply Here
The National Forests in North Carolina is seeking a resource assistant who likes to write and integrate scientific information.
- The Resource Assistant will work with an interdisciplinary team of forest specialists to write about the effects of proposed projects on the natural and social environment, disclosing the effects to the public in compliance with the National Environmental Policy Act.
- The Resource Assistant will work with specialists to analyze and document environmental impacts linking a variety of resources, such as forestry, land, air, water, timber, recreation, wildlife, fisheries, and special management areas.
- Excellent written communication skills, including translating technical material for general audiences. Background and educational experience in natural resource management, including a four-year or advanced degree.
- Experience in working in a team environment based in multiple locations, in person and remote. Familiarity with natural resource laws, such as the National Environmental Policy Act, Endangered Species Act, and Clean Water Act would also be beneficial. Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.Excellent written communication skills, including translating technical material for general audiences.
- Background and experience in natural resource management.
- Experience in working in a team environment based in multiple locations, in person and remote. Familiarity with natural resource laws.
The National Forests in North Carolina work across 1.25 million acres on four national forests from the Appalachian Mountains to the Atlantic Ocean, including the Nantahala, Pisgah, Uwharrie, and Croatan National Forests. The National Forests in North Carolina are among the most visited National Forest units in the nation, with some of the most biodiverse ecosystems, contributing to quality drinking water that reaches four southeastern states. The Supervisor’s Office is located in Asheville, NC, nestled in the Blue Ridge Mountains. Asheville is the largest city in western North Carolina and is a regional center for cultural amenities and a hotspot for outdoor recreation. Learn more about the National Forests of North Carolina at this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vNbeLv7J04&feature=youtu.be
Direct Hire Authority (DHA)
All RAP interns receive Direct Hire Authority (DHA) at the successful conclusion of their internship. DHA status enables an agency to hire, after public notice is given, any qualified applicant. A DHA expedites hiring by eliminating competitive rating and ranking, veterans’ preference, and “rule of three” procedures. For more information, please click HERE.
Environment for the Americas provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.