16 May Program Assistant for National Recreation Fee Program
Please Apply HERE.
Dates of Employment: September 20, 2021 - March 28, 2022
Compensation: $750/week with additional support for lodging and transportation.
Deadline to Apply: June 30, 2021
The Resource Assistant Program seeks to engage ethnically and racially diverse young professionals in natural resource careers.
Job Description: Assists with national program including development of training, community of practice, integrating various programs at national and regional levels (Recreation, Communication, Budget, Special Uses, Partnerships), and data compilation of certain recreation fees. The position is in recreation, but has an emphasis on business, finance, and organizational management.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop framework for national level “community of practice” for recreation fee program managers in the agency. This includes developing a network of communication, training, crowdsourcing ideas/solutions, wiki-type website, etc.
- Draft a framework for recreation fee operating and expense tracking at all levels of the agency.
- Assist project team members with various support tasks such as review and editing of reports and organization of project documentation.
Conduct research and data collection on a variety of recreation subjects to support the national fee program.
The Work Environment: The Pacific Northwest Regional Office is located in the heart of downtown Portland, OR. Work for this position will take place in the office with telework opportunities. However, the position may be virtually from the participants home depending on the current COVID mitigations in place.
Abilities and Skills:
- Knowledge of computer software programs such as Microsoft Word and Excel
- Skill in working independently within deadlines to complete projects and assignments.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
Preferred: Bachelors degree in Business, Organizational Management, Forestry, Biological sciences, Recreation or something similar.
Required: A passion for public lands and the recreation opportunities they provide. If you do not have a degree in one of the areas listed above, but have a passion for public lands and their role in outdoor recreation please apply as well.